UC Davis scores first in programs for “plant and animal science” in U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Global Universities” report issued Monday (Oct. 24, 2016).
The rankings, which focus on overall research and academic reputation, rather than specific undergraduate or graduate programs, show UC Davis second in the world in agricultural sciences, and fourth in environment and ecology.
Overall, UC Davis stands at No. 42 in the world among the 1,000 institutions in 65 countries included in the 2017 rankings. UC Davis’ complete rankings are posted here.
The “Best Global Universities” report adds to a series of strong rankings for UC Davis this year.
- U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Colleges” in the U.S. — Tied for 10th among public universities and tied for 44th among all national universities.
- QS World University Rankings — First in the world for veterinary science and 85th in the world overall.
- Washington Monthly magazine — 10th in the country, based on contributions to the “public good,” out of 303 universities public and private.
- Campus Pride — UC Davis ranks among the 30 best colleges and universities in the country for LGBTQ-inclusive policies, programs and practices.
- Sierra magazine — UC Davis repeats as a “Cool School,” ranked eighth among more than 150 of America’s greenest colleges and universities.
- Dateline Staff Dave Jones, editor, 530-752-6556, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content provider Cody Kitaura, 530-752-1932, email@example.com
Plant Sciences contact:
- Ann Filmer, communications, Department of Plant Sciences, 530-754-6788, firstname.lastname@example.org